CSEPP EXERCISE 2023
EXERCISE ONLY -- THERE IS IN NO REAL EMERGENCY AT THIS TIME -- EXERCISE ONLY
As of 1:32 p.m. The Pueblo Community Joint Information Center (JIC) is no longer operational.
The JIC, which was opened in response to today’s incidents at the Pueblo Chemical Depot and the Runyon Sports Complex, has been closed as the impact of the incident has subsided.
As of 11:58 a.m. Pueblo County Commissioner Garrison Ortiz issued two Emergency Disaster Declaration today at 10:41am for Pueblo County due to the severe damage caused by Pueblo Chemical Depot Incident and the tanker rollover in the Runyon Field Sports Complex and Grove neighborhood.
A Disaster Declaration means the magnitude of the response to and the recovery from the impact of this event is in excess of the county’s available resources.
As of 11:37 a.m. Emergency management officials have lifted the evacuation order issued earlier today in response to the incident at the Pueblo Chemical Depot.
This evacuation order for residents and businesses in zones N1 and Northwest 1 has ended. The Shelter in Place order for Technology Transportation Center Inc. also has been lifted. Announcement and Instructions
As of 11:30 a.m. Emergency management officials have lifted the evacuation order issued earlier today in response to the incident at the Runyon Sports Complex (Grove neighborhood).
This evacuation order pertained to residents and businesses within the 1/2 mile radius of the Runyon Sports Complex. Announcement and Instructions
As of 11:00 a.m. Road closures in Pueblo County have been lifted as of 11:00 a.m.: The following roads are now open:
I-25 and Ilex
Regarding the 1-25 and Ilex tanker roll over, the 3500 gallons of Isobutylene spilled has been contained.
As of 10:31 a.m. IMMDIATE EVACUATION of all within 1/2 mile of Runyon Field. If unable to evacuate, close all windows and shut off ventilation.
Evacuation Announcement and Instructions
As of 10:30 a.m. As part of today’s response to the chemical emergency at the Pueblo Chemical Depot, Pueblo County responders have set up a decontamination site at Illex for anyone who may have been exposed to hazardous chemicals during today’s incident at Runyon Sports Complex
As of 10:18 a.m. Immediate evacuation from zone N1 and NW1 - if unable to evacuate, shelter in place
As of 9:26 a.m. Evacuations Ordered Due to Chemical Event at Pueblo Chemical Depot Pueblo, CO: Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office has ordered protective actions for residents living in Zone North 1 due to a chemical incident at the Pueblo Chemical Depot. Residents in Zone North 1are asked to evacuate immediately. The Transportation Technology Center is advised to Shelter-in-Place. If you are in a vehicle on DOT road or in the Thatcher Ranch Area, travel away from the Pueblo Chemical Depot. Close all windows and vents and turn off air conditioner/heater. If evacuation is not possible, shelter-in-place is recommended. Other areas and zones near the depot are not affected at this time.
For accurate and timely information, media and the public should call 719-583-4640.
- As of 11:00am Road closures have been lifted for I-25 and Ilex
- IL and DOT Road
- Boone Road at El Paso County
- Prairie Hills at El Paso County
- IL Ranch and Highway 96
- DOT Road North of Target Distribution
- If you are in a vehicle on DOT road or in the Thatcher Ranch Area, travel away from the Pueblo Chemical Depot.
Reception Center / Shelter
- American Red Cross Shelter for Humans, Animals
- Massari Arena, Colorado State University Pueblo, 2200 Bonforte Blvd.
- The American Red Cross can be reached at 719-561-2614. Call this same number for information regarding your family and any family members who may be missing.
- JIC TO CLOSE - May 3, 2023, 1:32 p.m.
- DISASTER DECLARATION - May 3, 2023, 11:58am
- EVACUATION LIFTED - May 3, 2023, 11:00am
- EVACUATION, SHELTER IN PLACE LIFTED - May 3, 2023, 11:37am
- ROAD CLOSURE LIFTED - May 3, 2023, 11:00am
- SHELTER OPEN - May 3, 2023, 10:53
- Evacuation GROVE - May 3, 2023, 10:31am
- DECONTAMINATION SITE - May 3, 2023, 10:30am
- Road Closures Runyon - May 3, 2023, 10:32am
- ROAD CLOSURES - May 3, 2023, 10:12am
- JIC OPEN - 3 May 2023
- Evacuations EX23 - May 3, 2023, 9:25am
- EOC Activated - May 3, 2023